Friday, April 9, 2010
I have been so busy lately that I never got to post on Seth's 5th Birthday. :( He turned 5 years old on March 20th. I cannot believe how quickly the time has flown and how much has changed in 5 years. In honor of Seth turning 5, I figured I would make a list of my Favorite Seth-isms.
  1. "That's the deal on the table..." He has always been the negotiator in the household and so I have always said "That's the deal, Seth." But when he popped out the "...deal on the table." I thought I would lose it. He cracks me up every day!
  2. "I'm your hero?" We have been teaching the kids that you should always do nice things for people...not for a reward but because it is the right thing to do. I suppose in his head, he has equated "the right thing to do" as heroic. For example, when I spilled all the mail on the floor, he ran over to help me pick it up then gave me a smile and said "Mommy, am I your hero?" Or when Juju left one day, he helped close her car door when she got in. He turned to me and said "See, I'm Juju's hero." ha ha!
  3. Extra prayers at night. After our bedtime prayer, he always has "extra prayers" for people. The other night, he prayed for Bo's legs to get better. Then followed that thoughtful prayer up with a prayer for "a bigger bowl to hold more ice-cream."
  4. "On this day." This is Seth's phrase for "Today." When we explain something we are doing or somewhere we are going, his answer is always "On this day?" He hasn't quite grasped just simply saying "today?"
  5. Rich Dad, Poor Dad. When Seth sees daddy hanging his pants or emptying his pockets, he beelines over to steal whatever change he can find for his piggy bank. It is so funny how fast he can grab some change and then we hear in his room the clinking of change into his piggy bank. ha!
My little superheroes
The kids with Tio Sunil, Abby, Sarah
with Abby & Abo

Tiffani, Shanna, & Sam
Pop, Juju, & Carter
Brody, Kevin, & Melissa
Drew, Emmy, & Sarah
Smyth & Seth
posted by Julie at 7:07 AM |

2 Comments:

At April 9, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Sorry we missed your party Seth! Looks like it was lots of fun!
Aunt Marissa
 


At April 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Blogger jms said........
Sweet, Sweet Seth ☺ He has such a gentle heart. The Big 0-5!