Thursday, February 11, 2010
For a few weeks I could hear pitter-patters of a different kind coming from our attic. Every night when I would sit at my computer or getting ready for bed, the little scurries would scramble around. We had little critters in our attics. I was convinced it was a rat or as the term I later learned, a roof rat! Lucky for us, they were flying squirrels. Have you heard of flying squirrels before? I have but thought they were urban legend. ha! Now here is a lovely little image to help you sleep at night.

So back to the story. We had three major pest companies come out to assess the situation and give us quotes to get rid of them. I couldn't believe the astronomical numbers that were handed our way. For a tiny little squirrel. No way! That being said, I know they can cause major damage and personally hate hearing the chewing and scratching noises in the walls. Creepy.

So a friend of ours recommended...ready for it? Drumroll, please. CROCODILE DAVE. I loved his name right off the bat. He came out in his truck plastered with advertisement for critter catcher services. He looked exactly like my friend, Stan. He gave us a very reasonable quote and off we went. Hopefully, the squirrels will be/are gone. I am listening each night but haven't heard anything for awhile. I hope that is a good sign!

posted by Julie at 8:33 PM |

1 Comments:

At February 12, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
So, that's what it was? We used to have a flying squirrel that lived in our bird feeder when I was younger. He'd come out every once in a while and "fly." So cool! But, wouldn't want one in my attic!!
Marissa