Tuesday, August 26, 2008
That's right folks...The Top End Perimeter!
I am in training for three days this week. The training is located in the King Building by 400 and 285. So that right there tells you...OH HELL NO! Then we get the hours: 9-5. Are they TRYING to mess with my mind? And of course this is going to be the week that we have hurricanes and tornadoes spawning everywhere. Naturally, the second it rains in Atlanta, no one can drive and yet every car seems like they are on the road trying to drive. Today was the worst. It took me two hours to get to the King Bldg and two hours to get home. I decided on the last leg of my drive, that the two hour commute warranted a stop at the liquor store for some rum. I haven't had any liquor in the house for months because we just keep forgetting to buy it. Today, as I passed an ABC Beverage...it was time to stop. Lord knows, the stop wasn't going to drag my commute any more. ha ha! Then I get home and realize that Christian is stuck at work too so I am hanging with the kids. So no drinkie for me yet. Sigh... Oh well.
posted by Julie at 7:00 PM |

4 Comments:

At August 26, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Blogger Blog author said........
I feel for you! Be careful driving!
 


At August 27, 2008 at 6:40 AM, Blogger Paula said........
I was wondering where your training was being held. Makes you love and appreciate the flex hours we normally have, doesn't it?

I don't know how people do it.
 


At August 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Blogger jms said........
Holy Crap! That is the mecca! Of course it is this week when the weather is so bad and everyone on the road is spastic . . . just be careful! Still on for lunch tomorrow?
 


At August 28, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said........
Did you ever get your drink? :)
Cathy