Wednesday, June 11, 2008
I have always heard that English is one of the hardest languages to learn. I know one of the reasons is due to the multiple meanings for one word. For instance, Flour or Flower, There or Their or They're... It goes on. So I am seeing this with my 3 year old's ever expanding vocabulary. And by the way, he talks ALL THE TIME. Hmm, can't imagine where he gets that from. Anyhow, he is going to summer preschool twice a week right now. On Wednesday, they do 'water day' so I put sunscreen on him before he goes. I tell him "We have to put sunscreen on so you don't get burned." Now fast-forward a week or so. I am cooking dinner last night and was pulling something out of the oven when I jumped. He asked "What happened, Mommy?" I told him that I almost got burned by the oven because it is very hot. He quickly replied without hesitation handing me the baby Coppertone from the desk "Here mommy. You need sunscreen." And gee, why didn't I think of that. ha ha!
posted by Julie at 10:47 AM |

2 Comments:

At June 11, 2008 at 6:33 PM, Blogger Blog author said........
Kids are so logical--very cut and dry. I love it!
 


At June 12, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Blogger Paula said........
Smart kid, that one!