Thursday, June 19, 2008
I need some help. Emmy is turning one next year. We have been calling her "LoveBug" since she was born. Seth has always been "SweetBug" and Emmy has always been "LoveBug"...couldn't tell you why...it just fits them. So we thought it would be fun to use ladybugs to decorate for the family birthday cookout. Who would have thought that was uncommon? I can't seem to find anything ladybug anywhere. It seems that all the kids party things are all copyrighted cartoon characters now. You cannot find just generic children themes. Publix won't make a ladybug cake and do not know how to put a few ladybugs on the cake. I mean, really? You can't put some circle ladybugs on a freakin' cake!!! Anyway, Rhodes Bakery said they will do a ladybug themed cake so that's great. Party City doesn't have one thing in stock with a mere ladybug on it anywhere. Everything is Barbie, Dora, Winnie The Pooh, Cars, Diego.... aakkk! If anyone happens to see ladybug anything, call me and let me know what you find. In the meantime, I am just going to use red and white as the colors to decorate and be happy to have some ladybugs on the cake.

UPDATE (2 hrs later): Thanks to Marissa and Melissa...I have found some ladybug stuff on the internet. I love the pattern and have ordered (with expedited shipping) some plates, thank you notes, and cool red balloons with black dots on them. LOVE THOSE! Thank you guys!!!
posted by Julie at 7:44 AM |

0 Comments: