Monday, May 12, 2008
Friday night was Relay for Life (American Cancer Society) in Gwinnett. As usual, it was a HUGE turnout! There were thousands of people there in the team-themed shirts and survivor shirts raising money for cancer. It is amazing how much bigger this event becomes each year. I love it! I joined our church team this year and raised $350 but our whole church raised almost $25,000 so that isn't bad! :) I can't wait to find out how much the whole event raised. I know the goal was over $2.5 million. Here are few pictures I stole from my co-worker Cathy who was at the event as well. I had a mommy moment and packed everything I could think of except a camera.

My co-worker, Cathy, and I
Emily was a trooper in the heat!
posted by Julie at 8:05 PM |

2 Comments:

At May 13, 2008 at 9:07 AM, Blogger Blog author said........
I'm so happy it turned-out well, Julie! And, I'm glad you got to bring your little ones to experience it! Wouldn't it be nice if there wasn't a relay anymore one day because they'd found a cure?
 


At May 18, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Blogger Paula said........
Belated congratulations on successful fundraising.

And I didn't know you and Cathy were going to be there at the same time. How fun!